Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How to keep Christ in Christmas


Christmas can be a time especially busy year-round. Between gift, decoration and parties, our time is spread thin. Balancing your life while keeping of Jesus at the Centre is not always easy. Many Christian churches celebrate the advent period. For Catholics, it is four weeks before Christmas and have found, it keeps the focus on Christ.

Advent is a time to prepare and waiting for Christ. It is not only a time plan parties and Christmas shopping list.This is the time to prepare our hearts and minds for Christ now toujours.Spécial giving to the poor prayers, lighting the Crown of advent, advent and Christmas and reflect on our lives, are all part of the preparation.

What do we grew up in Catholic schools had a rich tradition of spiritual events, as well as the most festive side. The Church has reviewed and sounds a bit darker.Flowers that surround the altar where, at a minimum, and it was a contrast how develop it could be decorated in the period of the altar, fêtes.Sur I could see the Crown of Advent with 4 candles surrounded by greenery. Each week a new candle has been lit, marking a further step towards Christmas.

At school, we were always busy practicing songs for the game of advent or Noël.Nous concert started each day with a special prayer for advent and religious classes focus on the meaning of the season. Classrooms were all Advent Wreaths and are decorated with scenes of the crèche, the tree of Jesse and chains of colored paper. At school, there is no doubt that we were all preparing for Christmas.

In the all-girl high school I attended, we had a "secret advent Angel". Each person gave the name of a young girl, her rank and number of records. As "Angels", we were charged to surprise our secret person during advent with notes and unique gifts registered in their locker.We did our best to surprise our person and at the same time discovering the true identity of our "Angels."

Unique Christian gifts consisted of Holy cards, poems, prayers or candy cards securely glued to our lockable doors.The day is our traps were slowly decorated for Christmas. My advent angel appeared as a real Angel because scores recorded at my locker included messages of praise when I did a good job or notes of encouragement when things do is thus .c ' was like getting a note from my real guardian angel.

It is interesting to see how small token has been left by my Angel.Rooms school walk and see locker decorations has clearly indicate that it was a season spéciale.Et looking decorations slowly taking shape in the last day of school before the Christmas break was like watching an invisible work artist. A few days only seemed like a mixture of colors until finally the art project was completed and the creative work shone in the rooms.

The last day of school, all will be revealed and we would discover the identity of our advent Angel. There are already excitement in the air. Finals were Moreover, parts of advent and Christmas concerts were a success, and all 4 on the Crown of the advent candles were burning brightly. There are a few things to do before we intervened on the bus take us home for the break.

It has always been a surprise to discover our Angel and receive our final gifts. I never find out how my angles knew things about me to write the notes that they have left.A small school, only about 200 girls, but we could not possibly know everyone.

During the rest of the year, I've always felt that even though my secondary Angel was step watch over me, I knew that my guardian angel has guided me.As we see in Matthew 18: 10, "see that you do not seek on one of these small.""Because I tell you their angels in Heaven always see the face of my father in heaven."God has given us a special Angel to guide us in the year.

I have always the traditional scarf knitted by my Angel of freshman season each year when I make out of the Cabinet of cedar, that I remember from my school days and how special advent was at the time.I think that the girl who gave me the scarf and care that she had to make the donation.Angels of advent tradition reminds me to keep the advent period each year.

I feel so fortunate to have these recalls little helps keep Christ in Christmas and advent is rich with eux.À adulthood, I find ways to keep Christ in Christmas by finding wonderful Avent.Je activities do additional things to people without their knowledge to advent I give out for lunch, so I can put money in the kettle of the army of the salut.Je I am going to make a list of things to do and write on papier.Chaque day slips that I would pick up tasks a pot, and the task is completed, I will put the sheet of paper in a little lower for Jesus by cheminée.Le Christmas day, all documents in the seeding will be engraved in the home as a symbol of my gifts to Christ.

"Things" is great, but prayer is also importante.Debout side of my night, I have a book of prayers advent I say before my usual prayers of the soirée.Dans morning I will try to repeat the prayer and to reflect on the passage of the Bible of the journée.De more, there are prayers when the Crown of advent is lit.

I may have not a secret person to deal with the advent in my school days, but the possibilities are endless, ways of showing Christ to others.







No comments:

Post a Comment